S.U.R.F. Shoreline Users Resource Force

Shoreline Users Resource Force
S.U.R.F. volunteers will be stationed on Navarre Beach to provide information on beach and water safety, coastal habitats, wildlife, clean-up response, beach condidtions, coastal habitats, seafood safety and the county Leave No Trace Ordinace to visitors.

Volunteers will work hours of their own design on the beach, answering questions from visitors to the beach. Volunteers can choose to be at any county access point, including the park and near the Navarre Beach Pier.

*Train Volunteers to provide accurate, fact based information to visitors to Navarre Beach
*Promote a consistent message of the current conditions of the beach
*Promote beach and water safety
*Provide knowledge of coastal systems, habitats, and wildlife
*Provide a positive message of what makes Navarre Beach special


WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!! To sign up for education/training class, please call The Santa Rosa Help Thy Neighbor Volunteer Center at 850-983-5223. For more information Email surfnavarrebeach@gmail.com or Chrismv@ufl.edu or call (850)777-7884 to find out how to sign up and support our beach!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu




It is with great sadness, regret, and disappointment that I make My final post on the blog.  Due to several factors, I find that I must resign from the SURF program as the Volunteer County Coordinator, and as a SURF Volunteer.  It's going to be hard to let it go, but it is a decision that I do not take lightly, nor came to quickly.

I have enjoyed it immensely.  I will continue to be on the Pier, fishing or with my watercolours, so feel free to stop by and say, hello.


I will be turning over the email, supplies, and the blog back over to the county as of close of business today.  The blog will soldier on, as will the SURF program, just with someone new at the helm.

I hope that I have not only served the program well, but the community.  I also hope that the blog brought a little bit of seaside education along with a giggle during your morning coffee break.
So with that, I'll ride off into the sunset.

See you on the white sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment